HOME Artist Film is a unique project for the production, distribution, exhibition, training and development of artist film.
HOME Artist Film was set up as Cornerhouse Artist Film in 2011 by Sarah Perks to investigate new methods of production, distribution and exhibition. Specifically designed for artist long form and feature film, this project is designed to exploit our unique bridge between visual art networks, artists and independent film exhibition. Our ground breaking work in the production, presentation and distribution of artist-led features marks the next chapter in our long-standing support of experimental film and video since Cornerhouse opened in 1985.
Cornerhouse Artist Film first co-commissioned and distributed Turner Prize winner Gillian Wearing’s Self Made (2010), followed by Andrew Kötting’s Swandown (2012). Swandown was selected for competition in the ACID section of Cannes International Film Festival in 2013.
In 2013, Cornerhouse Artist Film completed it’s first in-house feature film, Rough Cut by London-based visual artist Jamie Shovlin, which was shown at the 43rd Rotterdam International Film Festival. 2014 also saw the release of Bob and Roberta Smith’s Art Party and a nationwide art party was held in over 30 venues on the day the GCSE results were announced.
The award-winning Subconscious Society (2014), Rosa Barba’s first 35mm long form film commission, was followed up by Declan Clarke’s The Most Cruel of All Goddesses (2015) and also two special artist film compilations – Transactions of Desire (celebrating HOME’s first year) and The Tin Screen (celebrating no.w.here’s tenth birthday).
For bookings and enquiries, please contact the HOME Artist Film team on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Island of the Hungry Ghosts (Gabrielle Brady, 2018) Theatrical / Blu-ray
- Lek and the Dogs (Andrew Kötting, 2017) Theatrical / DVD & Blu-ray
- Rey (Niles Attalah, 2017) Theatrical / DVD & Blu-ray
- Edith Walks (Andrew Kötting, 2016) Theatrical / DVD & Blu-ray
- The Most Cruel of all Goddesses (Declan Clarke, 2015) Theatrical
- Subconscious Society (Rosa Barba, 2014) Theatrical
- Art Party (Tim Newton & Bob and Roberta Smith, 2014) Theatrical
- Rough Cut (Jamie Shovlin, 2013) Theatrical / DVD
- Swandown (Andrew Kötting, 2012) Theatrical / DVD & Blu-ray
- Self Made (Gillian Wearing, 2010) Theatrical / DVD
- Fleeting Flights (David Bethell, 2019)
- A Virus Walks Into A Bar (John Walter, 2018)
- The Scar(Noor Afshan Mirza and Brad Butler, 2018)
- 182cm Queenie (La JohnJoseph, 2017)
- House on the Borderland (Clara Casian, 2017)
- Aliens (Luis Lopez Carrasco, 2017)
- It’s What’s Inside that Counts (Rachel Maclean, 2016)
- YOU ARE A POWERHOUSE! (Chris Paul Daniels, 2015)
- The Bottom of the World (James Richards, 2015)
- Two specially curated compilations have been made for Film Hub NWC and available to book now – Transactions of Desire and The Tin Screen: no.w.here’s 10th birthday party. Please see the Hub website for more information
- HOME’s Creative Director Jason Wood, co-directed a short film with Simon Barker, Always (crashing), cycling through Ballardian motifs from isolation to disintegration.
- Now: A Dialogue on Female Chinese Contemporary Artists (Compilation, 2017)