We are thrilled to open commissions for our annual PUSH Festival, which aims to uncover some of the North West’s most exciting creatives across all disciplines who are making waves, asking questions and delivering memorable experiences. The next edition of the festival will take place in January 2019.
Submissions are now open for proposals from creatives based in the North West for a new sound art or digital art /new media work.
The work should be able to be presented online. Proposals can include how this would be presented in a physical space, but the work must be able to be presented online without losing impact.
The commission budget is £1,000.
We would love to hear from a wide range of artists from across the region who consider their practice and work to be in line with HOME’s ambition to push the boundaries of form and technology, to experiment, have fun and take risks. This includes individual artists, collectives, musicians, composers, technologists or any creative who consider this proposal relevant and exciting to their practice.
We particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic and disabled artists.
Practicalities to bear in mind
- The budget of £1,000 should include production costs, artist fee and fees for related hosting or distribution.
- If the work is not made of entirely original material, the artists must clear copyright for the material used and provide evidence to confirm they have been approved for use (including audio samples, imagery etc)
- The Artwork should be devised to be presented online.
How to submit a proposal
Simply fill in this online form . If you wish to prepare before submitting, you can download the List of questions for PUSH 2019 Art Commission Proposals as a PDF. Feel free to answer the questions with a video or audio file, just insert the link in the relevant box. But it would be helpful if you still filled in your details in writing.
- Deadline for submissions: Sun 12 August
- All applicants will be informed whether or not they have been shortlisted by Friday 24 August.
- Informal chat with shortlisted projects will take place between Tue 28 August & Tue 4 September
- Final decision communicated by Fri 7 September
- Push 2019 Festival Dates: Fri 11 Jan – Sat 26 Jan 2019