Brian Lobel invites local emerging artists and superfans to apply to be part of his new curated performance installation BINGE which will feature a one-off performance by artist Qasim Riza Shaheen. Brian is looking for people who love binge-watching boxsets and are interested in creating a series of 1-to-1 and intimate performances to sit alongside his show You Have to Forgive Me, You Have to Forgive Me, You Have to Forgive Me – where he diagnosed audience problems by watching a 30-minute Sex and the City episode together.
So, who are we looking for?
- You’ll be someone who probably binge-watches a lot of TV but has one show that you are obsessed with – you know it inside out and think it’s really great at reflecting on big themes in life such as love, relationships, social injustice and politics.
- You’ll be interested in approaches to making 1-to-1 or intimate performances and want to make your own performance that uses your chosen boxset to engage an audience.
- You’ll be up for the challenge of working over three durational performance days (with one additionally short day for friends & family), managing your own needs and supporting fellow performers to make it through the day.
- You’ll be based in Greater Manchester.
When will you be needed?
We’ll work together in quite a concentrated time-period in the run up to the performances, so you’ll need to be available for:
- Skype call sometime between application and the first workshop
- Workshops on Mon 20 – Wed 22 May, 18:00-21:00 (dinner will be provided)
- Fri 24 – Sun 26 May for full performances
Love the idea? Amazing. How do you apply?
Please send the following to Brian at email@example.com by Thu 18 April 2019:
- Your favourite show to binge watch that you know inside out, and why
- One example of a time you solved a problem, your own or someone else’s, through a TV episode (no more than 300 words, please don’t agonise over making it fancy)
- Short biography, link to your Instagram or whatever you think gives us a sense of you
- Any access needs you’d like us to know about (we aim to ensure all access needs are met)
This is a paid opportunity and artists will receive a fee of £450.
Want more information?
Download a full information pack here.