An evening screening of short films made by North West filmmakers & a great way to discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep. The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members.
Want to submit your work for the next screening ? Submission form and FAQs can be found on our Filmed Up Submission Info Page
PROGRAMME (in alphabetical order of title)
- A Boy Called Matthew / Dir Matthew Richardson / GB / 04:48
A personal analysis of how the filmmaker thought and behaved as a child with Asperger Syndrome, an autistic spectrum disorder.
- Brake / Dirs Simon Owen, Ashley Yarwood / GB / 04:33
Mark has met a girl. This is what happened next.
- Echoes / Dir Callum Daniel Latimer / GB / 05:31
A non- linear film exploring human identity through the poetic story of identical twins.
- Home Movie / Dir Tilly Hudson / GB / 05:49
How ‘real’ are home movies?
- Leg, Arm, Head / Dir Scout Stuart / GB / 10:38
A highly controlled dancer moves away from the discipline and uniformity of ballet to explore her own identity.
- Manners Boxing / Dir Gareth Bowler / GB / 04:25
Boxing helped Nick Manners find his way in life so that he could help others find theirs.
- Once Upon a Blue Moon / Dir Steve Boot / GB / 03:29
A Robot on a mission to photograph rocks meets an Alien who just wants someone to play with.
- Packing Through Life / Dir Aynoa Alvarez / GB / 05:31
A film related to a disease, endured during childhood and how this affected choices later on in life. In French with English Subtitles.
- Parting / Dir Dimitris Toulias / GB / 10:12
After a lifetime together, time has stopped for an elderly couple, as they prepare to say goodbye.
- Piccadilly Gardens – Visual Essay /Dirs Chao Chang, Sebastian Sommer / GB / 13:30
The Piccadilly Gardens are located in the very heart of Manchester. This film deals with the physical and social aspects of that place and the people occupying and shaping it.
- Radio Silence / Dir Dan Ollerhead / GB / 17:16
A late night radio host receives an on-air call from a man claiming he wants to kill himself.
- SOÑEUS. Between The Capitol and the 23 / Dir Ricardo Serrano / GB / 04:30
Voices and dreams of Havana citizens in the last stage before the new relationship with the United States. In Spanish with English Subtitles.
- Tres moscas a medida (Three Fitted Flies) / Dir Sois de Traca / GB / 07:47
Summer in a small village in a plain and arid region of central Spain. Prying neighbours, mourning rituals, tediousness, extreme heat and undertones of guilt make a perfect soil for madness. An old woman try to bring her late husband back by means of twisted rituals.
- Yvonne / Dir Lea Vinter Sonne / GB / 09:37
A documentary about Yvonne, who has been a crane operator in Denmark since the age of 17. In Danish with English Subtitles.