From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to start-up production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep. The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members.
Want to submit your work for the next screening ? Deadline is 26 Jan 2017 (for the March 2017 screening). Submission form and FAQs can be found on our Filmed Up Submission Info Page.
PROGRAMME (in alphabetical order of title)
- After Mrs Mills / Anna Macdonald / GB / 03:39
An artist film that responds to the idea of women’s work and its lineage.
- Bad Reception / John Davide / GB / 01:34
An unborn child finds itself in unexpectedly exposed to circumstances outside the safety of the womb.
- Banat Masri – Egyptian Girls / Paloma Yáñez Serrano / GB / 03:00
A portrait of two Egyptian sisters, Nagla (13 years old and engaged) and Zeinab (15 years old, married and pregnant).
- Birth of Paula / Lois Perry / GB / 16:00
What if one day changed the rest of your life? The Birth of Paula examines the life of Dave, family man, husband and breadwinner and how the family was turned upside down when Paula changed the rest of their lives.
- Crone / Joseph Stacey, Jonny Pratt / GB / 08:43
With an unexpected pregnancy looming, Avril begins to feel like she’s losing control of her own body. Then she meets a homeless old crone…
- Being Near Him / Matylda Wierietielny / GB / 01:30
A dog’s New Year’s resolution is to spend more time with his human.
- Dearly Beloved / Cory Kelly / GB / 10:22
On the day of James’ wedding day, his past catches up to him in all sorts of ways.
- March to the Future / Antony Barkworth-Knight / GB / 04:12
An audio visual piece about the space race and urbanisation, in collaboration with Graham Massey.
- Rats / James Condon / GB / 05:32
An animated retelling of the well known Germanic folklore tale of ‘The Pied Piper of Hamelin’, based on an original piece of writing by writer Ian Peek.
- Stadtgeister [Urban Minds] / Jan-Holger Hennies / GB / 19:20
A view of Berlin as experienced by three collaborators in distinct situations of homelessness. An intimate look at the actions, thoughts and everyday life of those who are often invisible.
- The Ballad of Skelmersdale / Alex Mannion-Jones / GB / 06:09
A portrait of Skelmersdale New Town, as seen through the eyes of residents both current and past. Created to accompany The Magnetic North’s album: Prospect of Skelmersdale.
- The Front Door / Rachel barker / GB / 03:05
Forced to overcome her agoraphobia, a woman goes to her next door neighbour in an attempt to find her missing husband.