From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to start-up production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep. The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members.
Want to submit your work for the next screening ? Submission form and FAQs can be found on our Filmed Up Submission Info Page.
PROGRAMME (in alphabetical order)
- BITZ- The whippet made from random stuff / James Pollitt / GB / 04:08
Stop motion animation. BITZ is a model dog that loves to play but has a tendency to break. However, unlike real pets, puppets can be easily fixed
- In the Shadow of the Mountain / Neith Sentis / GB /15:00
Looking for a house where they can start a family, a couple visits a tiny village hidden in the Catalonian Pyrenees. As they face an exodus of young people to the cities, the villagers are eager to find new members to join their community and bring the place to life again.
- Majorelle Shell / Usman Shah / GB / 10:23
A stop-motion, pixilation film about self discovery, realisation and understanding of the world we inhabit from a surrealist perspective.
- Pant Fling / Natalie Wardle / GB / 04:21
An artist film about body image, made whilst at Naked state artist residency in Canada.
- Sally Braeburn: A Portrait / Matt Spencer / GB / 03:29
Everyone misses out on one quintessential life experience. Sally Braeburn is determined to experience what she’s been missing all her life.
- Stag Do / Velton J Lishke / GB / 10:59
When 4 friends decide to play a prank on the groom on his stag do, things don’t go according to plan..
- Strays / Aaron Dunleavy / GB / 03:24
A dark and unsettling world in which children have taken over a forgotten terraced street, devoid of adults with no rules or boundaries.
- The Finest of the Breed / Ricardo Serrano / GB / 03:37
A short film based on Bukowski’s poem The finest of the breed.
- The Keeper / Antony Morris / GB / 09:01
A man creates narratives as a coping mechanism for a loss in his life.
- Tom’s Story / Christopher Blower / GB / 07:13
Tom is a young boy who has severe autism. This animation follows Tom’s journey as he learns how differences are truly what make us all special.
- VR / Richard Addlesee / GB / 00:15
15 Second micro short about a VR experience that doesn’t go according to plan