From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to start-up production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep. The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members.
Want to submit your work for the next screening ? Submission form and FAQs can be found on our Filmed Up Submission Info Page.
Programme (in alphabetical order)
- A Not So Fair Fairytale / Lauren Jennings, Christian Potter & Victoria Fleming / GB / 05:48
A day in the life of Tia, as she desperately tries to look perfect for the man of her dreams at her house party. With such little time to achieve her best look she begins to realise the difficulties of being a black girl in a white Barbie world.
- A Town of Cats / Steve Manford / GB / 09:28 AM
A sinister bedside story about a young man, who finds himself in a small deserted town, which become not so deserted as the sun goes down..
- An Act of Terror / Afshan D’souza-Lodhi / GB / 02:06
Writer and performer Afshan D’souza-Lodhi takes her one-woman touring stage show and turns it into a short film that delves into what it is that British citizen’s fear the most and asks just how far a person will go to make sure a public blinded by the overwhelming culture that surrounds them can start to see again?
- Bardo / Dir. Antony Barkworth-Knight / GB / 03:28
In the Tibetan tradition, Bardo refers to the journey experienced from the point the body draws it’s final breath to the rebirth of your spirit.
- Big Bad Monsters / Dir. Designasaur / GB / 04:23
Big Bad Monsters is a story that I wrote about me and my big brother Steven when I was 7 years old. This is my adaptation of the piece, 17 years later, working as closely as possible to the idea that my 7 year old self had in mind.
- Dinner Manners / Dir. Lucy Linford / GB / 02:22
The journey of a school lunch box, exploring the farcical reality of how the brand a yoghurt pot or chocolate bar carries, can be the socio-economic status determiner in the school lunch hall.
- Doghouse / Dir. Luke Kondor/Emma Reading / GB / 05:41
A short animated film about love & family & stuff. Rhuben’s parents have had a falling out, and it looks like his dad is going to be in the doghouse for a while…
- Ferragamo II: Deathstroke / Dir. theApeNinja / GB / 02:45
A Fashion Film set in an alternate post apocalyptic world.
- From Salford with Soup / Dirs. Sara Heritage and Alex Hawkey / GB / 05:00
A five-minute observational documentary on a beautiful family with a kind soul and a little girl who wants to make a big difference to a terrible situation.
- Getting The Miles In the Legs / Dirs. Tim P Baxter, Jack Leigh / GB / 05:24
A cinematic documentary following a man suffering of arthritis on one of his fell runs as his discusses his intertwined passions for running and the natural world in his own back garden.
- Lambing Season / Dir. Jack Benjamin Gill / GB / 17:33
A fast moving, claustrophobic thriller set in the secluded North Yorkshire Moors. A young farmhand learning to take the reigns from his father on their remote lambing farm begins to question the family around him.
- Rabbit Punch / Dir. Keith Farrell / GB / 15:00
A 14 year old refugee boy brutalised at home and bullied at school is desperate to escape the reality of his life, where physical abuse and tenderness go hand in hand. Will a head-to-head race with a van through the streets of Moss Side lead him to a new home?
- Sis / Dir. Dimitris Toulias / GB / 10:29
Two estranged sisters, religious Fran and transgender Steph, reconcile their differences during the course of one night where honesty is the only policy.
- White Paint Spills In Public Places: Annual Review 2016 / Dir. Owen D. Davey / GB / 12:09
An ongoing archival photographic project and awareness campaign by artist Owen D. Davey.