From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to start-up production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep. The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members.
Want to submit your work for the next screening ? Submission form and FAQs can be found on our Filmed Up Submission Info Page.
Programme details (in alphabetical order)
- A glimpse to regard the trail behind you and forget what is under you / Salman Shaffi / GB / 07:02
A story exploring ideas of meditation and anxiety built of digital video, digital photographs, 35mm film photographs and hand painted animation.
- A Minute’s Silence / Jo Lane / GB / 04:13
One man’s misguided patriotism leads him to attempt to ‘take back’ control in a destructive and harmful manner.
- Behave’ by Elle Mary & The Bad Men / James Oliver & Olly Philpott-Smith / GB / 03:53
Music video for the single Behave by Elle Mary & The Bad Men from her forthcoming album.
- Breaking The Cycle / Philip Coleman / GB / 05:19
A short photo-documentary about Philip Coleman, who has been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for a long time.
- Europe Is Lost / Gary Dumbill / GB / 04:35
Inspired by artist Kate Tempest’s poem of the same title, a collage of vintage and historical imagery echoes a warning through time.
- Jenny Got famous: Loneliest Hour / Karl Dixon / GB / 03:32
Set in a giant colourful cardboard spaceship, this music video follows the plight of a solo astronaut and his attempt to return to his young daughter back on Earth.
- Keith / Luke Kondor / GB / 06:51
Keith wants to give you the very best tech support, even if it kills you.
- Line / Ludovic Ramisandraina & Laurianne Proud’hon/ FR / 02:07
A contemplative journey guided by small creatures who observe the micro events of daily life which seem to be for them precious and fleeting moments.
- Strive / Charlie Watts / GB / 03:36
Idris was born in Somalia and grew up during the Somali Civil War. He now calls England his home. This short films aims to tell the story of what it is like to grow up as a Muslim immigrant in a western country.
- The Desolate One / Daniel Boocock / GB / 07:00
A elusive and enigmatic figure is hunted by an enemy deep into the heart of the wilderness.
- The Tainted / Jack Carlin / GB / 10:57
Attempting to survive amidst an apocalypse, Maria and Farah are locked in their house with their abusive father.