In partnership with Tyneside Cinema, we are pleased to announce the re-opening of applications for Random Acts, a joint initiative with Arts Council England (ACE) and Channel Four (C4) which aims to develop young creative talent through commissioning and producing short films by young people from a diverse range of backgrounds and art forms.
Random Acts are short films made by artists working across many different disciplines. They are bold daring and challenging expressions of creativity delivered in short film form. Between 90 seconds and 3 minutes long, they come in many flavours; live action, animation, serious, cheeky and outrageous; made by dancers, poets, visual artists, musicians, writers, comedians and filmmakers.
We want to hear from a really diverse range of young people, so whatever your experience or background, if you think you have what it takes to make a Random Act then get in touch and we can support you to apply.
To be eligible you must:
- have an idea for a short film that is 90 seconds to three minutes in duration
- be aged 16-24 at the time of application
- live or study in the North of England (Yorkshire, North West, Cumbria and North East)
- not have been commissioned to make a Random Act film before
- be available to attend workshops to develop your idea and to direct the film during production
To get inspired why not check out some of the films at Channel 4’s Random Acts website.
For more information on how to apply, please visit the Random Acts North website.