Propel is a platform for artists to try out new ideas.
We’re looking for non-traditional ideas that want to explore the relationship between performer and performance. Propel is a chance for you to test a technique, experiment with something new, and make beautiful mistakes.
Mighty Heart are inviting self-identifying women to take up space at HOME Mcr this January. From the weird and the wacky to the northern and the gritty, we welcome you audacious women to share 15 minutes of your performance work at HOME Mcr’s Propel Scratch Night. Start the new year by empowering yourself and your creativity! Join us for a delicious evening of female performances.
We’re looking for a mix of the following:
- Pieces of performance that celebrate women taking up space on stage.
- Pieces of performance that explore the complexities of being a woman in this world.
- Stories by self identifying women that urgently need to be told.
- Performers who are pushing themselves out of their comfort zone
- Performances with any size cast, including solo pieces.
- Spoken word, performance, punk poetry, live art, performance art, theatre, dance, cabaret.
- An extract no more than 15 minutes in length
- Artists must currently live in the North West (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside)
What we are not looking for:
- A finished production
- Heavy tech work
On the night there will be three scratch pieces, followed by a musical act
- Each scratch piece will be 15 minutes
- Each act will have 1 hour of technical time on the day
- Each act will be paid £100
- Propel will take place on Sat 12 January
- Applications close on Sun 2 December at 18:00
- Selected pieces will be notified by Fri 7 December
Please fill in this application form by Sun 2 December. If communicating on paper is not your strong point (we get you, we have dyslexia!) then send us a video answering the Qs. If you have any questions about the application please email firstname.lastname@example.org