Propel is a platform for artists to try out new ideas. Propel 2.0 is about trying out new ideas on our T1 stage.
We’re looking for non-traditional ideas that want to explore making work on a larger scale by experimenting on our main Theatre 1 stage. Propel is a chance for you to test a technique, experiment with something new, and make beautiful mistakes.
Javaad Alipoor is calling out for artists who want to play with making work at a scale and in a way they haven’t done before. As someone whose work doesn’t always fit into the traditional model of theatre making, he knows how frustrating it can be to have vision and ambition curtailed through preconceptions about what scale and shape new work can be. If you have a story or idea and want to share for up to 15 minutes of scratch please apply below.
We’re looking for:
- Work that reflects society today and the ways that people engage with it
- Work that is at a very early-stage of development
- An idea that will benefit from a larger playing space
- Artists must currently live in the North West (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside)
We’re not looking for:
- Fully developed pieces
- Scripts looking to be produced
On the night there will be three scratch pieces,
- Each scratch piece will be between 15-20 minutes long
- Each act will have 2 hours of technical time on the day, with additional conversations and support beforehand.
- Each act will be paid £100
- Propel 2.0 will take place on Sat 26th January
- Applications close on Wednesday 19th December at 18:00
- Selected pieces will be notified by Friday 21st December
Please fill in this application form by the 19th December. If you would prefer not to submit in writing, please send a video response to the questions to email@example.com and please make sure to include your contact details within the application.
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org