Kickstart is a scheme for 16-24 year olds who are unemployed and on Universal Credit.
*Referrals for this job can only be made by JCP work coaches.*
Working as part of the ICT Team the post holder will support Desktop and Infrastructure, supporting and assisting Staff ICT requirements. This role requires you to have the willingness to want to aid in supporting all aspects of the ICT service assisting other teams where required from helpdesk, support through to desk rollouts and implementation.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not exclusive to:
- Troubleshoot desktop and system problems, diagnose and solve hardware/software problems.
- Provide service support to the business
- Assist with the solution(s)/ work around to the incidents and Problems
- Contribute to polices, processes and procedures
- Install, maintain and support new applications
- Learning to prioritise and manage several open cases and mini projects
- Learning about Trend Analysis and Problem management
- Keep up to date with advancements in technology
- Review of services, application delivery, patching and Anti-Virus
- Systems monitoring.
- Supporting Users on both hardware and Software applications
- Administer backups and restores
- Performance monitoring.
- Administer Active Directory
Our successful applicant will not need tonnes of previous experience’s in this field as you will be trained and mentored throughout your employment. What we’re looking for is:
- A friendly and warm individual,
- Interested in working with people and in a team
- Organised and able to work to deadlines
- Keen and eager to learn
*Eligible and interested young people need to speak to their own JCP work coach who will be able to make the referral*
Once you have contacted your work coach, please complete the HOME application form. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 17th December 2021