We would like to commission an artist or collective of artists from Greater Manchester to design our bold, creative and celebratory Manchester Pride Parade walking entry for 2019.
We are particularly interested in ideas that imaginatively reflect the creativity of HOME’s programmes, and as our parade entry will involve walkers rather than a float, applicants must consider this and how they will include up to 50 staff walking.
For 2019, the Manchester Pride Parade will acknowledge the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall riots and take a clear moment to stop, reflect on the changes in society, acknowledge the progress that has been charted, and consider the future of LGBT+ equality. The set theme for the 2019 Manchester Pride Parade is Deep Space Pride: A Future World of Equality.
We welcome artists aged 18+ to respond to the above theme and encourage sculptors, musicians, performers and more to submit proposals.
Applications from individuals identifying as LGBTQIA+ are particularly welcomed.
- The full commission fee is £3,500
- This should cover the artist/s fee, expenses, materials and any other costs associated with creating the work
- The fee can be broken down as you see fit for what you want to achieve
- You will be asked to provide a budget breakdown as part of your application
- You must be aged 18+ and living within the Greater Manchester area
- You may apply as an individual or collective
- The idea should be bold, creative and celebratory
- The idea should reflect HOME’s programme
- The idea should link to the parade theme for 2019, Deep Space Pride: A Future World of Equality
- The idea should involve 50 walking staff and not require a float
- The successful applicant will work in collaboration with the HOME staff team regarding decisions, health and safety and other project elements
- The successful applicant will be available for catch-up meetings during the making process and on the day of the Parade (Sat 24 Aug 2019)
- To apply, fill in the online form.
Deadline for applications: Mon 3 June at 12noon
Applicants contacted regarding the outcome of their application: Thu 6 June
Informal interviews for shortlisted candidates: Wed 12 June
Successful applicant contracted: Mon 17 June
Work completed: Fri 16 Aug
Parade takes place: Sat 24 Aug