We are thrilled to open commissions for our annual PUSH Festival, which aims to uncover some of the North West’s most exciting creatives across all disciplines who are making waves, asking questions and delivering memorable experiences. The next edition of the festival will take place in January 2019.
Submissions are open for original proposals for an exhibition to take place during PUSH in our Granada Foundation Gallery (Levels 1 and 2 of HOME, in the public areas of our building)
The exhibition can be a solo show or group presentation and emerging curators as well as artists based in the North West are encouraged to apply. We particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry, including disabled artists and Black, Asian and minority ethnic artists.
If you are an artist, curator or collective based in the North West with an original proposal for an exhibition, please send us your proposal before Sunday 12 August.
The commission budget is £1,000
Practicalities to bear in mind
- The exhibition must be wall mountable
- The exhibition space is in a public space where the pedestrian through route of the spaces should be clear at all time. As such, the exhibition cannot include any film, video, cabinets or free-standing sculptural work. All work must be securely affixed the wall using mirror-plates or security fixings to ensure it cannot fall or be removed.
- If work is for sale, HOME retain 30% plus VAT of any sales price.
- Budget should include any/all artist fees, transportation to/from HOME, production costs, framing and fixings. HOME will supply technicians at no additional cost to put up and take down the work.
- The proposal need to be realistically developed in time for PUSH festival, to a capped budget of £1,000
How to submit a proposal
Simply fill in this online form . If you wish to prepare before submitting, you can download the list of questions for PUSH 2019 Exhibition proposals as a PDF here. Feel free to answer the questions with a video or audio file, just insert the link in the relevant box. But it would be helpful if you still filled in your details in writing.
- Deadline for submissions: Sun 12 August
- All applicants will be informed whether or not they have been shortlisted by Friday 24 August.
- Informal chat with shortlisted projects will take place between Tue 28 August & Tue 4 September
- Final decision communicated by Fri 7 September
- Push 2019 Festival Dates: Fri 11 Jan – Sat 26 Jan 2019