This opportunity is now closed for applications.
This opportunity is supported by The Fenton Arts Trust
We are inviting artists based in the North West to submit proposals for an exhibition of new works at HOME in January 2024.
We’re dedicated to supporting a diverse range of artists through our Artist Development Programme, and we’re focused on supporting artists and curators based in the North-West, providing them with a platform to showcase new commissions.
This opportunity will offer tailored support to help the selected artist develop their practice and a new exhibition.
What HOME Offers:
- Exhibition budget: £2000
- Exhibition Space across two floors in HOME’s Granada Foundation Galleries
- Curatorial guidance and support from HOME’s Artist Development Producer
- Technical support and advic.
- Professional photography of the exhibition for use on websites or portfolios (final installation photography, not preview photography)
- Preview Event organised by HOME prior to the exhibition opening to the public
- Communications support, including the creation of an exhibition poster and guide
What We Are Looking For:
- Proposals from artists currently residing and working in the North-West region (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire, and Merseyside)
- Engaging proposals from artists who are at a significant point in their artistic journey
- Wall based work which can include paintings, prints, illustration, textiles, mixed media, photography etc
- We especially welcome submissions from individuals who may be under-represented in the industry due to social, gender, financial, ethnic, cultural, geographic, educational disadvantage, or disability
- The proposal can include new work (from 2022 onwards) and / or work that you plan to complete for the exhibition in January 2023. For works in progress, please explain what stage you are at with the project and confirm that you will be able complete it for the deadline.
Before writing your proposal, please make sure to read all the information in the ‘Further Details about the Open Call’ section below.
Please pay particular attention to the key dates and check you would be available for the exhibition install and preview.
Need Advice or Assistance?
If you have any accessibility requirements or encounter issues with the application form, please email email@example.com or phone 0161 200 1500 and ask to speak to a member of the Artist Development Team.
This opportunity is supported by The Fenton Arts Trust.
Image Credit: Tara Collette, ‘Gentrification is Class War’ Exhibition (2023) in HOME’s Granada Foundation Galleries (Install Photography: On the Brink Studios)
Further Details about the Open Call (Please Read)
- The exhibition will take place in HOME’s Granada Foundation Galleries which are situated on Level 1 and Level 2 in the public realm of the building
- All artworks must be wall-based (sculptural pieces not fixable to the wall will not be considered)
- The galleries don’t have an electric supply, preventing the display of audio-visual works or any pieces requiring power
- As the work will be displayed in a public realm, please be mindful of explicit content, as we are unable to provide advance warnings to audiences entering the space
- Please refer to the provided dimensions of the space, here: Granada Foundation Gallery Layout 2023
Please complete the application form provided, or if you prefer, you can also submit video and audio applications via the application form.
To apply, please include:
- Artist biography: please tell us about yourself and the work you make?* (maximum 250 words per artist).
- An exhibition proposal (maximum 500 words).
- Why do you feel this exhibition would help develop your practice? (250 words).
- A breakdown of how you plan to allocate the £2000 budget, ensuring that you reserve some funds for your fee, time, and material costs.
- Images of previous work to give us an idea about your practice.
- Application Deadline: Proposal submission by 23.00 on Sun 11 Jun 2023
- All applicants will be notified on their application by Fri 30 Jun 2023
- Initial Meeting to take place week beginning 3 Jul 2023
- Install: Wed 10 Jan -Thu 11 Jan 2024
- Preview: Fri 12 Jan 2024
- Exhibition runs from Sat 13 Jan 2024 – (closing date TBC)