Aged 18 to 25 and interested in filmmaking? We are offering filmmakers the opportunity to apply for £2,000 in funding to go and make a short film, with the support of an industry professional Producer and Development Executives.
Part of BFI Film Academy’s Break Into Film. HOME are heading this incredible film fund opportunity with the support of The Showroom and Film Hub North.
This 5 month long project is open to filmmakers who are living and based in the North of England. This is a group project and we ask that each application has 3 to 5 members involved. It is open to 18 to 25 year olds and students can also apply.
We aim to offer financial support of £2,000 and industry professional support in developing a 5 to 10 minute film, and guiding each group to enhance their skills and develop in their filmmaking careers.
The process will start with post-production, including a session with Talent Executives on Script Development and another session with your groups assigned Producer on Coordinating Productions and Budgeting. There will be a 2 to 3 day shoot, followed by a month to edit the footage and finalize the sound. Each film will then be showcased in some of the North’s most established Independent venues and submitted to some of the UK’s most renowned festivals!
What we want from you;
- A rough draft and a small treatment (Each film has to be between 5 to 10 minutes)
- Supporting Material = Feel reels, mood boards etc. (Anything to set the tone and feel of the film)
- Location ideas (Names/addresses of locations)
- Links to examples of previous work
- 3 to 5 participants in each group
- Each group to attend both sessions with Talent Executives and Producer
Deadline for submissions: Wednesday 2nd of November, 23:00