Most web pages on the Internet are created using a language called Hypertext Markup (HTML), but to many it just looks like a collection of random words, numbers and colours. In this session Liz Hardwick, from DigiEnable, will help you understand how to read HTML, write your own basic code, learn how CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) can make your code pretty and give you tips on how to continue to explore the world of coding.
This is a BYOL (Bring your own Laptop) workshop so please bring this with you.
Participants will be using the brilliant free learning platform Codecademy for some practical activities, so please sign up for an account before the workshop at https://www.codecademy.com
This session will cover
- What HTML and CSS are, and why they’re important to a digital world
- The basics of the language to get started
- Some hands-on practice “coding”
- Building your first “webpage”
- Learn about what other coding languages are available
HOME Digital in association with Virgin Media Business