Come and get a taste of what’s happening in the minds of some of the city’s leftfield innovators, as we bring Manchester’s visual arts community and thriving digital design sector together in a playful and informal setting.
Artists, designers and creatives of further fields will make lightning-quick presentations about a current project, experiment or source of inspiration – the ideal way to spend a Saturday afternoon.
- Writer, producer, filmmaker, biomedical scientist and current Wellcome Trust Engagement Fellow Erinma Ochu who – drawing on her varied experience – invites people to explore ‘the social life of archive’
- Artist & Designer Matthew Varah Wilson wholives off the hope that today will be the day he creates the most awkward, compelling image that holds the weight of a real personality
- Cartoonist, Illustrator and Storyboard Artist Adam Cadwell who will talk about what goes into making a comic and the challenges of evoking a real place in the recent past.
- Artist Hannah Dargavel-Leafe whose practice explores the rhythms and structures in the city.
- Designer and founder of @BLABtalks Matt Booth will talk about how he used music to create his 7inch sleeve entry to the 2013 Secret7s exhibition.
And more to be announced..