From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep.
The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members from open submissions.
Programme Details (in alphabetical order)
- Bee / Emily Hagan / GB / 20:00
A chance encounter between Nadia, a young Muslim woman, and Bradley, a white working class boy. Nadia and Bradley face prejudices from both sides but does love ultimately triumph?
- Da Hillsook Wedeen / Hope Strickland / GB / 16:26
Shetland is a place of wild, unforgiving landscapes, supernatural beliefs and a soundscape barely altered over time. This documentary explores storytelling and social imagination in Shetland.
- Gemma and Helen / Jenny Longworth / GB / 06:24
Gemma And Helen; two girls, one passion for travelling….
- In Bloom / Jess Mone / GB / 09:12
A personal insight into the recovery of a young girl who sustained life-altering injuries in the Manchester Arena Attack in May 2017.
- Mara, Maravillas / José Prats & Álvaro Robles / GB / 04:59
Maravillas is a cleaner in her former high school. Will her life change when she discovers something under a chewing gum?
- Sweetcorn / Michael Westwood & James Dann / GB / 04:41
Two drifters down on their luck stumble upon a golden opportunity to make it big in the city of dreams; Manchester.
- The Smoke / Christopher Deakin / GB / 06:05
Dad comes home and reads his daughter a bedtime story. Do you believe what you see or what you hear?
- Uncanny Valley / Gary Dumbill / GB / 01:54
A surrealist dip in the emotional response that happens when we encounter an entity that is almost, but not quite, human.
- Watch and Let Them Bleed / Nathanael Wheatcroft-Brown / GB / 05:00
An experimental exploration of violence against the queer community.
Want to submit your film for the next screening (in June) ? Deadline is mid April, head up to our Filmed Up Submission Page