From grassroots guerrilla filmmakers to production companies, the film community is thriving in the North West. Join us for an evening screening where you’ll discover a selection of short films that are being produced right here on your doorstep.
The entire programme is selected by a panel of audience members from open submissions.
Programme Details (in alphabetical order)
- Dependent / Phil Sheerin / GB / 17:45
Troubled teenager Josh escapes from his Care Home to go home and protect his mother form her ex, only to find out the situation isn’t quite as it seems.
- Javier / Dorny Sunday / GB / 04:29
An ex-bodybuilder recalls his first love in a lo-fi ode to actor Javier Bardem.
- John Don’t Know Nothin! / Conor Kehelly / GB / 13:40
John, a famous television sitcom star has a heated conversation about coleslaw in his taxi home from work.
- Maid of Stars / Gareth George, Darren Jeffries / GB / 14:15
Tarot reader Iris Moon has provided reassurance and comfort to people in need her entire life. Now she is searching for someone that might provide a small ounce of happiness in her own troubled times.
- Once Bitten… / Pete Tomkies / GB / 09:59
Martha needs the toilet fixed in her hotel bathroom but there’s one problem: her plumber may be a vampire.
- Practice of Looking / Pouria Kazemi / GB / 09:59
A close look at travellers. Their faces and their dreams. Observing the observers.
- Seven Sharp / Andrew Turner, Roque Cameselle / GB / 05:00
A woman watches her neighbours in the midst of a heated row from her bedroom window, just before she and her husband are expected there for dinner.
- Small Hours and Bin Men / Paul Chambers / GB / 04:09
Spoken Word film about two people’s different vision of a night out.
- Transmission / Varun Raman & Tom Hancock / GB / 17:26
Welcome To Britannia. Together We Stand Alone.
- Picture This – Modern Love / Luke Bather / GB / 03:47
It’s the 18th Century – a wealthy lady must find herself a suitor, but to do so she has to endure the awful dating scenarios that might feel horribly familiar to a 20th century woman.