Part of Break into film: BFI Film Academy North
HOME has exclusively partnered with various independent cinemas based in the North to support young filmmakers! The Showroom in Sheffield, The Dukes in Lancaster, and Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds have proudly come together with HOME to provide engagement opportunities in film and to help build those bridges to industry level experience to those in the North region.
This year-long programme supports Northern born or based filmmakers in helping them develop ideas, enhance skills, get creative with film projects! We also offer opportunities to get films screened in venues, BAFTA mentoring and chances to win bursaries and financial support.
These opportunities include the following:
- Phone filmmaking workshops
- DIY Filmmaking Challenges where the winner will receive a £1k bursary and BAFTA mentoring
- Screening and networking sessions with filmmakers, programmers and many industry professionals
- Online Film Labs hosted by industry professionals offering an insight into film financing, festivals, film events and much more
- Film Club; a young programmer special
For exciting 2022/23 opportunities and workshops keep an eye on the Young Creatives page and our socials:
Insta – @hycmanchester
Twitter – @HYCmanchester