We’re thrilled to launch the call out for our annual Push Festival programme. We’re aiming to uncover some of the North West’s most innovative theatre makers who are pushing boundaries, questioning the world we live in and delivering powerful performances.
Push is our annual celebration of the North West’s most creative talents. Over two weeks every January, our stages, screens and spaces are dedicated to showcasing some of the most innovative film, theatre and visual art from around the region.
The North West and Greater Manchester is home to some of the most vibrant and pioneering artists who make work that provokes, excites and engages audiences. Push is a chance to immerse audiences in two weeks’ worth of new and extraordinary theatrical experiences made by these fantastic theatre makers, some never seen before and some that demand to be seen again.
For Push 2020 we are looking for work to be staged at the festival.
We want to hear from a wide range of people from across the region and we particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic and disabled artists.
What we’re looking for:
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers based in the North West and in the first five years of making work
- We are open to artists who want to test out an idea, who are looking to expand on a pre-existing show; companies who are looking to present works in progress, finished pieces or anything in between. Please just state this in the application
- We welcome ideas that are bold, risky, experimental and curious
- We are particularly keen on devised work and multi-artform pieces
- Work that engages with society today
- Pieces that reflect the diversity of the North West
What we’re offering:
- A performance slot with a guaranteed fee against a 75% net Box Office split
- At least 3 days rehearsal space here at HOME
- 2 or 3 performances as part of Push at some point between Sat 18 Jan – Sat 1 Feb 2020 at HOME
- Full marketing support from HOME – presence in all Push print and online activity
- Support from members of the HOME Talent Development Team
How to apply and further details:
- We can accept your work in any way you would prefer. Where possible send us as much information as possible about the piece. This can be the blurb, images, and any footage you have.
- Please send attachments to email@example.com with the subject line of your proposal and ‘Push Theatre Submission 2020’
- We especially want to hear from people who are currently underrepresented in the arts.
- Please also take two minutes to fill in this Equal Opportunities and Monitoring form.
The application window runs from April- July 2019. We will be reviewing applications up until Wed 31 July.
If you have any other ideas about how you would like to submit a show please let us know. If you have any questions or queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org