HOME is thrilled to open submissions for its annual PUSH Festival aiming to uncover some of the North West’s most exciting theatre makers and companies, artists who are making waves, asking questions and delivering explosive experiences.
PUSH is HOME’s annual celebration of the North West’s most creative talents. Over two weeks every January, our stages, screens and spaces are dedicated to showcasing some of the most exciting film, theatre and visual art from around the region.
The North West and Greater Manchester is home to some of the most exciting and vibrant artists and companies who make work that thrills, excites and challenges audiences. PUSH is a chance to immerse audiences in two weeks’ worth of new and extraordinary theatrical experiences made by these fantastic theatre makers, some never seen before and some that demand to be seen again.
For PUSH 2018 we are looking for three theatre makers, companies or artists to present a production in this year’s festival.
We want to hear from a wide range of artists from across the region and we particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry, including Black, Asian and minority ethnic and disabled artists.
PUSH 2018 Festival Dates: Friday 12 – Saturday 20 January 2018
Submissions are now open
Deadline for expressions of interest: 12noon Monday 7 August 2017
What we’re looking for:
- Artists/Companies/Theatre Makers based in the North West and in the first five years of making work.
- Consider their practice and work to be in line with HOME’s ambition and mission.
- Companies ready to either; re-stage an existing production that has been presented in the past twelve months.
- Or; a new production in development that can premiere at HOME.
- A production no longer than 70 minutes.
- A production that fits into HOME’s T2 space which has a playing area of 8m x 8m (with masking).
What we’re offering:
- A ‘Made at HOME’ slot with £1000 funding per company.
- Rehearsal Space at HOME.
- 2 or 3 performances as part of PUSH at some point between 12-20 January 2018 in HOME’s 130 seat T2 theatre space.
- 75% of the net Box Office from the performances.
- Full marketing support: presence in all PUSH print, online and social media channels.
- Support from members of the HOME Theatre Team.
How to apply:
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with an expression of interest telling us who you are, how this opportunity would help you, and who influences your work.
- We would also like to see examples of your work, please send us whatever you think best illustrates your practice. This could be a scrap book, photos, show reel, essay, flip-book, blog, video etc.
- If you are applying to present an existing show please send as much supporting material on the production as you can.
- If you are applying to present a new show please send an outline of your current thinking and ideas for the project.
- The deadline for all submissions is 12noon Monday 7 August 2017.
- Please include PUSH 2018 in the subject line of your email with your submission – all submissions will be acknowledged by email.
Shortlisted companies will then be invited to a conversation with a panel of industry professionals to talk about your expression of interest in September 2017. We will aim to respond to all applicants by Friday 15 September 2017.
If the submission process is not accessible for you or you would like to discuss the call-out process further please contact Kevin Jamieson, Senior Producer: Theatre at HOME (email@example.com).