After a hugely successful launch at PUSH Festival 2018, Propel scratch night is coming back again as part of ORBIT Festival 2018. Propel is a platform for artists across the country to try out new ideas.
We’re looking for non-traditional ideas that want to explore the relationship between performer and performance. Propel is a chance for you to test a technique, experiment with something new, and make beautiful mistakes.
Curated by award-winning company YESYESNONO, and culminating in a live performance from a local music act, Propel is a scratch night for the experimental, for the daring and for the alive.
We’re looking for:
- Work that doesn’t fit into the standard tradition of playwriting
- Work that actively explores the relationship between spectator and performance
- Work that is at a very early-stage of development
We’re not looking for:
- Traditional plays
- Very tech-heavy ideas
- Fully developed pieces
Applications can come from artists at a super early stage of their development, or artists much further down the road!
Propel offers each artist the chance to receive feedback from the audience via feedback forms, as well a chance to discuss their own reactions to the performance with YESYESNONO
On the night there will be four scratch pieces, followed by a musical act
- Each scratch piece will be 15 minutes
- Each act will have 1 hour of technical time on the day
- Each act will be paid £100
- Propel takes place on Wed 24 October here at HOME
- Applications close midday on Fri 13 July
- Selected pieces will be notified on Fri 20 July
To apply, please fill out this short application form by Fri 13 July. If you would prefer you can email a short video with your answers instead. If you have any problems with the form or questions about the application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org