We are looking for a producer to drive the development and delivery of the BFI Film Academy North, a Northern-wide programme of activity that helps young people aged 16-25 engage more deeply with film culture and the business of film.
The producer will work in partnership with two leading independent cinema venues in the UK, HOME and Showroom, and collaborate with Film Hub North Member venues; ensuring opportunities can be accessed by young people across the region.
The programme aims to
- broaden the diversity of young people engaging with film,
- reach across the vast region by connecting young people to peers and opportunities
- create a learning network for member organisations to improve their work with young talent through the sharing of best practice.
The priorities of the programme are to:
- Deliver sessions for young aspiring filmmakers that focus on the business of film (production, distribution and exhibition).
- Give opportunities for young people to watch a wider variety of films in order to develop critical skills.
- Provide focused sessions for aspiring writers, directors and producers.
- Enable the growth of professional networks for young aspiring filmmakers.
- Give opportunities for aspiring young filmmakers to develop their creative track record.
Location: Remote/home working with negotiable onsite working in Manchester. The candidate must be based in the North of England.
Attendance at meetings and running of events will take place in various locations once restrictions are lifted, and therefore the postholder must be able to travel across the North as required.
- Freelance contract
- Preferred start date: Thu 1 July 2021 (sooner if the applicant is free)
- Project End Date: Thu 31 Mar 2022
- Fee: £200 per day working approximately 2 days per week. Working days can be flexible to suit the needs of the postholder and requirements of the project.
- Deadline for applications: Mon 7 Jun
- All applicants will be notified by end of day on Fri 11 Jun
- Interviews will take place online (using Zoom) on Wed 16 Jun.
Detailed information and how to apply:
For full information, including details of the duties and skills required, download the Detailed Job Specification (BFI Film Academy North Producer). This is also available in Large Print
Apply via this online form.
To prepare your application, please feel free to download the list of questions in word format
If you have any question or would like to chat to someone about the role ahead of applying, please get in touch with Sally Folkard via email on email@example.com