HOME with Mothers Who Make (MWM) and The Performer's Playground invite you to apply for TEST THE WATERS, a scratch event on Sat 28 Jan 2023.
Deadline Extended until Monday 14 Nov, 12pm.
Test The Waters is a scratch event showcasing artists from the MWM network for the first time at PUSH Festival. We are seeking three individuals or small groups to perform at this event.
If you apply as a group, please note that the fee remains the same.
If for any reason you cannot complete the online application form, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about Mothers Who Make here.
We aim to let you know if you have been successful by 24 Nov 2022.
“Becoming a mother is like discovering the existence of a strange new room in the house where you already live”.
(This quote is taken from this article, but free to use this as a stand-alone inspiration to run with in any way you see fit, i.e., the piece doesn’t have to relate directly to being a mother)
What we’re looking for;
- You must be a mother maker/artist (you can apply as a group but the fee remains the same)
- You must be based in the North West (The North West comprises Greater Manchester, Cheshire, Cumbria, Lancashire, Merseyside and Manchester)
- This must be a new idea, not tested before
- This must be live performance (able to be shared within a studio theatre setting)
- The performance should be no longer than 15 minutes
- You must be available for a matinee and evening performance on 28 Jan 2023
- The piece must be low tech
- Must respond to the provocation
What we’re offering;
- Up to 4 days rehearsal space at HOME or another venue in January 2023
- A fee of £750 (this is for your time making and the 2 performances in PUSH festival)
- Additional money to help with childcare over the 4 days (up to £65 a day)
- Up to £250 for additional support (for example, dramaturgy, sound design, outside eye, materials/props)
- Tech support