We are looking for a new Management Accountant to join our Finance team at HOME.
The Management Accountant supports the Director of Finance in developing and defining the financial strategy of HOME. They have responsibility for meeting the day to day financial management and reporting requirements of the organisation and for ensuring that the accounting processes, controls and records are managed in accordance with professional standards while being responsive to the needs of the GMAC group.
The post holder will also seek to develop systems, controls and processes to ensure that the Finance team provide an efficient and effective service, and to provide management reporting and analysis that meets the accounting, commercial and management needs of the organisation as an effective and commercially astute business.
Summary of duties
- Management of the Finance team
- Preparation of Management Accounts pack including cash-flow
- Preparation and management of the Balance Sheet – in particular Reserves
- Management and reporting of grants and funding
- Business partnering with heads of departments
- VAT returns
- Posting accrual, journals, prepayments
- Leading on the year-end accounts – liaising with external auditors
- Responding to HMRC, Office of National statistics and other enquiries
- KPI reporting for internal and external funding requirement
What we offer
Salary: £40,000 p.a.
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours: 40 hours a week, including lunch breaks
Holiday entitlement: 25 days initially rising to 30 days after 5 years’ service plus bank holidays
Hybrid working: 60/40 (Office/home)
You can find full details of the role in the Management Accountant Job Description.
How to apply
Closing date is Thu 21 Oct 2021.
Due to the number of applicants we reserve the right to close this vacancy before the deadline.