Kickstart is a scheme for 16-24 year olds who are unemployed and on Universal Credit.
*Referrals for this job can only be made by JCP work coaches.*
As the Environmental and Sustainability Officer, you will work closely with the Building and Environmental Manager to double-down on HOME’s efforts to accelerate urgent change to meet ambitious zero carbon targets and drive action to reduce direct and indirect emissions.
You will also be supporting in developing an effective method of monitoring the environmental impact of HOME activities.
Your duties will include.
- To report on progress to internal and external teams and stakeholders
- Understand data in the Building Management System (work with the maintenance assistant)
- Feed data into the Creative Green tool
- Support working with local suppliers and providers to make sure they have the best understanding of our requirements and work with them to achieve new and ambitious sustainable delivery streams.
- Support on the work with key sector partners – such as the Manchester Arts Sustainability Team and Julie’s Bicycle – to help drive sector-based approaches to environmental sustainability
- Support the HOME Team on sustainable projects
- Attend and support on the agenda of the bi-monthly environmental meeting, taking notes and providing feedback
- Undertake Carbon Literacy Training.
If you want a challenge and a chance to gain insight and experience working within the arts sector, supported by an encouraging, approachable and empowering team, then send your applications in
Our Ideal Candidate
Our successful applicant will not need tonnes of experience working in the arts or an building environment, but the individual will be:
– A friendly and warm individual,
– Interested in working with people and in a team
– Organised and able to work to deadlines
– Able or comfortable talking to supporters over email, on the phone and face-to-face in a polite and professional manner
– Keen and eager to learn
*Eligible and interested young people need to speak to their own JCP work coach who will be able to make the referral*
Once you have contacted your work coach, please complete the HOME application form. Please email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 16th November 2021
Our sustainability programme is supported by Shire Leasing.