We are delighted to be working with the Pleasance Theatre as part of their Partnership Pathways Programme to support one Greater Manchester artist or company who want to take work to Edinburgh Fringe in 2019.
The Pleasance is working with five partner theatres across the UK to identify and support exceptional artists and companies local to them who want to take work to the Fringe. Each partner is a leading national producing house, with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists.
For 2019 HOME is one of the partner organisations alongside York Theatre Royal, Bristol Old Vic, Royal Derngate and Northampton and Curve.
Working with the Pleasance we will identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers. Each partner theatre’s submission process will be different, but the primary aim of the scheme remains the same; to uncover and support the best companies and artists from across the UK to present work at the Fringe!
To apply for the HOME award see details below;
What do you get?
- £1,500 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting your show at the Fringe
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme
- Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by HOME.
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space at HOME.
- A programming option in the Pleasance London transfer run post-Fringe
- Mentorship, support and advice from both HOME and the Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe
Applications must be from artists currently living and making work in Greater Manchester.
Please read the Pleasance Theatre Performer Info Pack which outlines how the process works.
To apply please send us a short proposal (no more than 2 A4 pages), telling us a bit more about you as an artist/company with an overview of your production. Email all applications to email@example.com
Applications are open until 10:00 on Tue 15 January 2019, and we will be meeting with shortlisted applications on Tue 5 February.