After two successful years, The Pleasance are continuing the Edinburgh National Partnerships, building on the opportunity and broadening its geographical reach.
The Pleasance is working with partner theatres across the UK to identify and support exceptional artists and companies local to them who want to take work to the Fringe. Each partner is a leading national producing house, with a commitment to supporting and developing new artists.
We are working with The Pleasance to identify dynamic artists at different stages in their careers, with the primary aim of the scheme to uncover and support the best companies and artists from the North West, and across the UK, to present work at the Fringe!
What do you get?
- Up to £2000 financing from the Pleasance towards the costs of presenting your show at the Fringe.
- Guaranteed inclusion within the Pleasance Edinburgh Festival Fringe programme.
- Edinburgh Fringe registration covered by HOME.
- One-week minimum of in-kind rehearsal and development space at HOME
- A programming option in the Pleasance London transfer run post-Fringe.
- Support to deliver accessible performances as part of the Fringe run.
- Mentorship, support and advice from both HOME and The Pleasance leading up to, and during the Fringe.
- Support to build new touring relationships with other National Partnership venues.
How To Apply
Applications must be from artists currently living and making work in Greater Manchester.
To apply please send us a short proposal (no more than 2 A4 pages), telling us a bit more about you as an artist/company with an overview of your production you would like to be considered. Please do provide links (max 3) to material that supports your proposal (this could include videos/trailers of previous work, R&D footage, scripts/excerpts, images, etc.)
If you cannot send a written application, we would be happy to accept a video recording version.
Email all applications to email@example.com
Applications are open until 10:00 on Mon 17 Jan 2022, and we will be holding zoom meetings with shortlisted applications on Thu 3 Feb.