We are looking for Artist Films (under 20 mins duration) to be featured in Spit That Out, our annual screening of North West Artist Short Films.
The films will be screened alongside our PUSH Artist Film Commissions in our cinemas as part of PUSH Festival 2024.
HOME specialises in the exhibition, production and distribution of experimental artist film. From the strange to startling, surprising and sinister, we just can’t get enough of the wild side of unconventional filmmaking. Line them up! Let them play!
Please note, the screening may also take place online for a limited period of time. If selected we will get in touch about the framework in which this will happen.
- Artist film / Moving Image Work
- Maximum 20 mins duration
- Completed in the last 12 months
- From artists currently living, studying or working in the North West (Cheshire, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Lancashire and Merseyside, the red region on that map)
We are keen to hear from a wide range of people from across the region. We particularly welcome applications from those currently under-represented in the industry as a result of barriers arising from social, gender, financial, ethnic, cultural, geographic or educational disadvantage or disability.
- You need to have cleared copyright of all external material you have used in your film (soundtrack, including credit music, video extracts etc.). We cannot screen films which have unauthorised use of material.
- The web link you send us will be what we use for the screening. Make sure the version you send us is of high enough quality: preferably HD, 1080p (1920 x 1080) or 720p (1280 x 720); but SD 576i (720 x 576) will do if you are happy with that.
- Please make sure audio is authored to -3db, no higher
If you have any questions about the screening, the form or if you would like to send your submission in an alternative way, please don’t hesitate to get in touch firstname.lastname@example.org