Do you have a documentary project in development but feel you need to know more about the “business” side of the process to take it further? Why not apply to take part in The Doc Surgery, a free two-day workshop that will help you understand how pitching, commissioning, producing and distributing documentaries works.
Organised by Northern Docs, this workshop will include talks by leading industry experts and provide you with guidance on how to achieve your goals. Attendees will also get the opportunity to attend Sheffield Doc Fest at a discounted rate.
The workshop is open to Northern teams of up to two with a factual project currently in development and will take place at HOME on Sat 1 & Sun 2 June 2019.
TO APPLY – Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with:
- Your Name
- Your Date of Birth
- Your Phone Number
- Your email address
- Your Address
- A short treatment/no more than 500 words, detailing the specified project in development.
- The team background and CVs
- Links to any relevant examples of previous work
- You must be living in the North of England i.e. Cheshire, County Durham, Cumbria, Greater Manchester, Humberside, Lancashire, Merseyside, Northumberland, North Lincolnshire, Tyne & Wear and Yorkshire.
- One team member must be a producer and have some experience in the industry. This may range from experienced producers/ directors seeking to develop their own work, to recent graduates who may have produced a short film and are looking to take the next step.
- You need to be able to attend both days of the workshop (sat 1 & Sun 2 Jun 2019) at HOME.
For further information or any question, please contact email@example.com
A partnership between