Are you aged 16-19? Passionate about film? Want a career in the film industry?
We are looking for 18 of the region’s most promising young filmmakers and film fans aged 16-19 to take part in our BFI Film Academy 2020. This intensive two-month project is free to take part in and will cover everything from practical filmmaking to film theory, programming, distribution and certification.
Participants will learn from industry professionals and will be given opportunities to attend special events here at HOME throughout the project.
The Academy will cover:
- 4 sessions on the history of film and the development of British and world cinema
- 2 sessions on film programming, promotion and certification
- 4/5 days of practical filmmaking (a short documentary film will be made)
- Participants will be encouraged to undertake a Silver Arts Award as part of the course
To apply for this opportunity, you should:
- Have a passion or talent for filmmaking
- Be aged 16-19
- Be available for project dates listed below
- Apply online using this link by 5pm on Mon 28 September
Please note, this course is not open to those studying at university or those who have already taken part in a previous BFI Film Academy course anywhere in the UK.
The HOME BFI Film Academy is free for participants to attend.
This year, some sessions will be delivered online and some sessions will take place at HOME. Travel to and from workshops will be reimbursed.
- Wednesday evenings from Wed 7 Oct – Wed 25 Nov (excluding Wed 28 October) – all delivered on Zoom from 6-7.30pm
- Saturday days from Sat 10 Oct – Sat 28 Nov (excluding Sat 24 and Sat 31 October) – mostly delivered at HOME in Manchester from 11am-5pm
- 1 day between Tue 27 and Fri 30 October – delivered at HOME in Manchester from 10am-5pm
HOME has a fantastic track record of delivering award winning BFI Film Academy projects so don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your TV or filmmaking career!
View last year’s film here.
If you have any questions or if you are unable to fill out the application form, please contact us at email@example.com or on 0161 212 3453