Discover innovative storytellers creating LGBTQ stories using the new digital platforms of virtual reality, gaming and mobile filmmaking. Learn who mixes digital with traditional media like theatre making, animation and journalism. Enjoy a creative mix of inspiring talks, performances, workshops and films aiming to refresh the way that LGBTQ narratives are told.
Speakers and performers:
- John McGrath – Artistic Director of Manchester International Festival
- Tim Brunsden – Digital for Homotopia, Liverpool
- Deirdre Mulcahy- BBC Academy – How to make LGBTQ films on phones
- Ella Otomewo – Poet
- Lucy Dusgate – Quays Culture
- Adam Zane – Artistic Director of Hope Theatre Company
- The Night Bus – drag performance
- Jacob Engelberg – Bisexual representation in film
- Erinma Ochu – University of Salford lecturer in Future Media
- Richard Franke – Games developer
- James Kavanagh – SnapChat
- Kate O’Donnell – Trans Creative theatre maker and performer
For full biographies please visit the Queer Media webpage.