Google Analytics in one of the most effective free tools to understand how people are finding and using your website but to really extract meaningful insight you need to dig beyond the headline numbers.
In this session, which is aimed at those who are familiar with the basics of Google Analytics, Katie Moffat, Head of Digital at The Audience Agency, will help you to understand some of the more advanced features of the tool.
Who is it for? This workshop is aimed at people with a basic understanding of Google Analytics. This means that you…
- Access Google Analytics regularly (at least once a month)
- Understand commonly used metrics/terms like ‘sessions’ ‘users’ ‘bounce rate’
- Know your way around the main reports e.g. where to find details of how people are getting to your website
Areas covered will include:
- Which metrics matter? Establishing meaningful KPIs
- Working with goals
- Improving data accuracy
- Understanding event tracking
- Working with segments
- Custom reports
The workshop will include case studies and hands on exercises and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions
What do you need to bring?
A laptop, or other connected device (free wifi available). Logins for your Google Analytics account.
HOME Digital in association with Virgin Media Business