Google Analytics in one of the most effective free tools to understand how people are using your website. But if you don’t know what to look for, where to find it or what to do with the numbers, it can be difficult to use it effectively. Katie Moffat, Head of Digital at The Audience Agency, will help you get to grips with Google Analytics and make the most of this powerful tool.
Areas covered will include
- an introduction to digital measurement, what is useful to measure?
- how Google Analytics accounts work including practical administration
- an overview of the Google Analytics interface including the most commonly used and useful reports
- an introduction to dashboards
The workshop will include case studies and hands on exercises and there will be plenty of opportunities to ask questions
At the end of the workshop you will:
- Understand how to set up Google Analytics for your website*
- Be familiar with using the Google Analytics interface including standard reports
- Identify which metrics are most important for you
- Understand how people are finding your website and how effective your digital marketing is
- Be able to set up dashboards for others within your organisation
Suitable for people who are responsible for a website and want to be able to analyse how it is performing with a view to improving its effectiveness.
What do you need to bring? There will be some hands-on exercise during this workshop so please bring a laptop or tablet device with a web browser (free wifi available). If you already have Google Analytics set up on your website then please bring the logins for your account.
*please note, if you don’t have Google Analytics installed on your website you will need the help of a developer to do so. However this is not a requirement to attend (and benefit from) this workshop, which will give you an understanding of how to make the most of Google Analytics’ functionalities once it is installed on your site.