An Organisational Approach to Safe Practice with Children and Young People in Creative and Cultural sectors.
This course is for those who wish to develop a strategic approach responsible for overseeing safeguarding practice. The course is at a strategic level focusing on a whole team approach to embedding safe practice across creative, cultural and heritage sectors.
You will carry out an audit on your organisation and create an action plan that will support best practice around safeguarding in your organisation through the delivery of policy, practice and the sharing of information. You will also explore ways of including young people’s voice to influence your procedures.
• Those who wish to develop a strategic approach to safeguarding within their own organisation eg senior manager, board members, creative directors,
• Those who are currently acting as safeguarding lead or are responsible for overseeing safeguarding in the organisation
• Those who have previously undertaken a child protection course
You will gain:
• Ideas of how to embed a culture of safe practice
• Ways of including and involving young people
• Tools for disseminating policy and best practice
• A safeguarding action plan
• An overview of Designated Safeguarding Officer responsibilities
• Further advice and guidance
Places on this course are strictly limited to ensure a tailored approach.
Trainer: Lesley Wood
An Artswork Leadership Course