Thank you for your support and participation in the first edition of the Manchester Open.
With over 32,000 visitors, it has become the most successful exhibition in the history of HOME.
Following the difficult decision to mothball the building in March and furlough as many staff as possible, in order to make financial savings necessary to ensure that we would still be here when the pandemic was over, we have been bringing staff back and they have begun the process of carefully packing each work to be returned to where it belongs.
Collections for artists and buyers of work will now begin from Mon 21 Sep through to Sat 2 Oct, from 12.00 until 20.00. It is necessary to stagger collections so that we can manage capacity so you will need to select a 15-minute window for your collection. Please bring photo ID, and on arrival, please wear a mask inside the building and come straight to the ground floor gallery. We have greeters at the front entrance to the building who can also answer any questions you may have.
How to book your slot
Please read these instructions carefully – our website was not designed to have this function and so it may not be immediately clear how to book. We apologise for any confusion.
- Head to the Manchester Open Collection page and click on Slot 1. This simply wakes up the calendar.
- Now choose a date between Mon 21 Sep – Sat 26 Sep, or between Mon 28 Sep – Sat 3 Oct.
- There are x3 collection slots available every 15 mins. This means a maximum of 3 persons can attend in any 15-minute period to collect work, to ensure government distancing guidelines can be followed.
- Click on a preferred/available time, and then choose an available slot (1, 2, or 3, it doesn’t matter which).
- If there is no available slot, it means that 15-minute window has been booked up, so please try another.
We will of course endeavour to accommodate everyone’s needs, so if you are restricted to a particular day or time, just let us know – email firstname.lastname@example.org
Again, thank you for your patience in these challenging times, we’re fortunate that HOME has been able to re-open our cinemas and cafe-bar, with theatre and art to follow. You can find out more about our safety measures at this link: https://homemcr.org/welcome-home-what-to-expect-when-you-visit
We do ask that all visitors please wear a face covering inside the building, unless exempt. We respect that not everyone can wear face coverings, and we trust that our visitors will make the right choice for themselves.
The Manchester Open Team