As well as being the proud home for contemporary arts and culture in Greater Manchester, here at HOME we provide a rich programme of talent development, creative learning and community engagement projects.
To protect this vital component of our work in the face of a challenging funding landscape for the Arts, we have brought together our key projects under one umbrella, The Opportunities Fund. The fund collectively supports seven of our most essential programme strands to ensure the creative future of Manchester’s young and emerging artists.
The following projects are supported collectively by The Opportunities Fund:
- Take the Stage. A brilliant opportunity for 20 diverse young people aged 13-17 to work with an experienced theatre director create a new piece of theatre and perform it on our stage.
- House Party. Our hugely popular accessible music programme for young people with more complex needs to create music, share it with their friends, and enjoy a regular club night with family and friends.
- BFI Film Academy. Our award-winning training programme for budding filmmakers aged 16-18.
- Future 20. A year-long training residency to nurture and develop the next generation of diverse artists through insights into creative practice, mentoring from experts and the creation of new work.
- Explore and Develop. Providing funds, space and support for 12 artists annually to take time out to explore or develop a new artistic idea.
- PUSH residencies. Three paid opportunities for theatre makers at the start of their career to create and share a new piece of work.
- Inspire. Connecting groups, charities and voluntary organisations from across Greater Manchester to ensure that as many people as possible have the opportunity to take part in and experience HOME. Includes our £1 Inspire ticket scheme, our Inspire gallery, HOME tours and A City Seen quarterly film screening exploring the creativity of our city’s most essential charities, community groups and voluntary organisations
We welcome gifts of £1,000 and above in support of The Opportunities Fund. Opportunities Funders are invited to witness this work first-hand and experience the impact of their support by meeting the individuals and groups that we work with.
To discuss how you can make a real and tangible impact on the lives of Greater Manchester’s young people, emerging artists and communities, please contact:
Eve Parker, Development Manager
0161 212 3427