HOME (Greater Manchester Arts Centre Limited) is committed to handling and storing personal information in compliance with the terms of the Data Protection Act 1998 and forthcoming General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This applies whether the information is obtained directly from individuals through the HOME website by completing web forms or by other means such as phone calls, e-mail, and printed form or in person. It also applies to information obtained from publicly available sources.
In all instances HOME is the data controller.
Whose information do we collect?
We collect personal information about the following categories of people:
- Creatives providing a paid service to HOME
- Job applicants
What information do we collect?
Depending on the nature of your relationship with HOME, we may collect some or all of the following information:
- Biographical – including name, title, previous surname, date of birth or age, gender, ethnicity, faith, or information that indicates your socio-economic status
- Contact details – postal address, email address, phone number – and emergency contact details
- Employment and education history
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK
- Periods of absence, including holiday and sickness
- Training undertaken and the results of appraisals
- Details of any discipline and grievance
- Financial information including National Insurance number, bank details and benefits (payroll is administered by a third party)
- Access requirements
- Medical information
We will only collect this information when there is a legitimate reason for doing so.
How do we collect the information?
Information is collected under the following circumstances:
- Submitting an application for employment
- Submitting references for employment
- Receiving and accepting an offer of employment
- Submitting information to payroll
- Carrying out training records and appraisals
- Carrying out discipline and grievance procedures
- Corresponding with you
We use ‘Cookies’ on our website to allow us to see how our website is used and to improve our services to you. None of this information identifies you personally. For more information see https://homemcr.org/about/policies/privacy/
Why do we collect the information?
As your employer, HOME needs to keep and process information about you for normal employment purposes. We collect the information in order to run the organisation and manage our relationship with you effectively, lawfully and appropriately during the recruitment process, while you are working for HOME, and when your employment ends and you have left. It is used to:
- To manage the recruitment process
- To conform to employment legislation
- To provide a safe and appropriate working environment
- To comply with health and safety and occupational health obligations
- To provide an appropriate level of support to those working for us
- To administer and manage statutory and company sick pay
- To administer and manage the payroll process
- To administer and manage the pension scheme
- To report to our funders, particularly around the diversity of our workforce
Where we process special categories of information relating to racial /ethnic origin, sexual orientation, disability etc. we will always obtain your explicit consent to those activities unless the information is required to protect your health in an emergency.
If information is required to conform to legislation and you do not provide this data, we may not be able to comply with our obligations to you and we will tell you about the implications of that decision.
Under the terms of the GDPR the lawful bases for processing personal information are:
- we need it to fulfil a contract (e.g. ticket purchase);
- we need it to pursue our legitimate interests by communicating with current and potential supporters; and / or,
- you have given your consent for us to do so.
Who collects the information?
Information is collected by, and on behalf of, HOME. It may be shared by departments within HOME in order for us to undertake a range of activities.
How long do we hold the information?
Information is retained for as long necessary for the purpose for which it is required, and in line with HOME’s Retention Schedule.
We want to be sure that we have the most up-to-date information for you. If you discover that we have outdated information, such as address, e-mail address or change of name please inform us.
Where your information is stored
Your information is stored on secure, password protected databases and networks, or in locked cabinets on or off-site. Access to the information is given only to staff with the appropriate authorisation. Data is held mainly in the United Kingdom with some on servers within the European Union.
HOME operates CCTV camera surveillance throughout the building and on the perimeter of the premises. The system is in place for the purposes of reducing the threat of crime generally, protecting HOME’s premises and helping to ensure the safety of HOME’s staff and visitors. The images are stored securely and monitored in a controlled space. Images may be shared with Greater Manchester Police if required for the investigation of crime.
HOME uses photography and film at events to promote its activities, build new audiences and report to funders. These images may be used on our website, social media channels and in written reports to funders. Any events being photographed will be clearly signposted to make the public aware. Public may request not to be photographed. Public may request not to be photographed. We will seek parental consent to take photographs of children and young people under the age of 18.
We monitor computer use as detailed in our Computer Systems Usage policy which is available on the P drive.
You have the right to request copies of any of your data held by HOME. If you would like to request this, please e-mail datarequest@HOMEmcr.org.
If you no longer want us to use or process your data, you can opt out at any time via the unsubscribe link included in emails or contact the Data Protection team on dataprotection@HOMEmcr.org.
Contact and complaints
If you have any queries or complaints about this policy or how we manage your personal data, please contact Data Protection, HOME, 2 Tony Wilson Place, Manchester M15 4FN or send an e-mail to dataprotection@HOMEmcr.org. We will endeavour to answer your questions and advise you of any steps taken to address the issues you have raised.
If you are dissatisfied with HOME’s response to your request for access to your data, or handling of your request to rectify or erase your data, you may contact the
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF Tel.: 0303 123 1113 https://ico.org.uk/concerns/